Do you have split ends? You’ve seen it, they are easily identified by the jagged bottoms, or “see thru” ends. Appliances, over processing, weather, and just everyday wear and tear can produce split ends. Are you trying to grow your hair longer? For most it’s an ongoing battle trying to get some length and keep up with regular trims. Perhaps you are looking for something to mend the ends in the meantime? If split ends have you “splitting hairs” read on for some split end assistance for smoothing, soothing, and softening!
How to fix split ends?
The truth is…the best and easiest way to eliminate split ends is to cut them off. If you’re concerned about length, a master stylist can reduce split ends by crafting long layers which will keep your length, but trim away the damaged hair. If cutting isn’t an option, consider some of these split end mending “medicines”.
Pureology Strength Cure Split End Salve Treatment works great for color treated hair, this serum nourishes and prevents against hair breakage and fills in damaged areas of the hair cuticle for a smooth finish.
Alterna Caviar Repairx Split Ends Mend has dual action sealing and smoothing, this mending aid as two separate chambers which when combined emulsify into a powerful formula that has strand-building proteins to smooth gaps and tears in the cuticle and also prevent future breakage and more damage from happening. The result is healthy, soft, and manageable, fully restored hair.
Color Proof SuperRich Split Ends Mender is clinically proven to end 94% of split ends in seconds. This super light enriched serum has proprietary Bonding Polymers which fuse frayed ends together via ionic linkage while creating an invisible protective seal around the cuticle. This is to smooth, repair, and protect against future damage.
How to avoid split ends?
- Towel dryer your hair by patting it not by rubbing it, consider the DevaTowel, this is an anti-frizz microfiber towel, which absorbs water and keeps the frizz and split ends away.
- Trimming your hair every 6-8 weeks at least an inch, the longer you leave the split ends, the more it can travel up the hair shaft causing more splitting.
- Combing through your hair before showering with a Wet Pro Comb will purge the knots, tugging at wet hair will cause breakage and splitting. In addition it’s also important to use the comb inside the shower to saturate the conditioner throughout the whole head from roots to ends.
- Rinsing with cool water versus hot. This will seal the hair shaft, keeping the cuticle hydrated and healthy preventing split ends.
- Brushing your wet hair gently with a Wet brush without pulling, jerking, and yanking will help eliminate split ends. Hair is the most fragile when wet. A wet brush is great not only for your shower, take it to the beach or the pool!
Your hair is your #1 accessory, take care and be gentle with it, regular trims, a good quality shampoo and conditioner, and keeping appliances at a minimum- with this, you’ll have hair bliss!!